Sunday, June 24, 2012

Unlucky Number 13

Well, it's interesting how fate works. I got the post number 13, which happens to be a number that everybody finds unlucky. And how unlucky I have been lately! These past few weeks have been nothing but trouble for me...

I have attempted to get together with people, to actually DO something this summer. I haven't seen any of my friends since June 7 at the Lehi Legacy Center. So it's been quite a few weeks. I've tried, but everybody is so busy! Why am I the only one not busy???

But the very worst thing of all is something that happened 2 days ago. I had to clean up my room a bit, and my sister wanted to come 'hang out', which means be in my room and look through my stuff while I clean. But I wanted to be kind, so I said she could 'hang out' with me. I actually was kind of starting to have fun with her, we were talking and laughing and looking through stuff. She looked at my stuff on my dresser, which is where I keep my Arabic stuff (the perfumes, the bookmark, the sand bottle, etc.)

I was putting a pair of shoes away when I heard a deafening shatter! I turned around and her eyes were huge and looking at my dresser. I looked down and my nicest hand-blown Egyptian perfume bottle was laying in what seemed to be a thousand pieces all over. I screamed.

What would you have done??? I told her (as calmly as I could) to leave my room. I started crying and picking up the shards. And my room started to reek of the strong perfume that Ustaz makes. It was a disaster. It still stinks to high heaven today, and I don't think the smell will ever come out of the rag I used to soak up the precious perfume or the dresser. I am more angry with her than I have been with anybody in what seems to be years. She is - until further notice - permanently banned from my bedroom.

I am just hoping that another unlucky month like this never happens again!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, Eryn.
    That's horrible! I'm so sorry about your perfume bottle, but I'm sure Ustaz loves you all the same. :(
    And as for getting together with friends, I can next week any time from Monday to Thursday. Talk to me about it.

    ReplyDelete